Brandon is the largest unincorporated community located in Hillsborough County, Florida. It is one of the best places to live in Florida. Most residents own their homes and living here offers residents a dense suburban feel. The community is located about 10 miles east of Tampa, near Florida’s Gulf Coast. Easily accessible from Interstates I-4 and I-75.
About Brandon, Florida
- The community originated in the late-nineteenth century and has since grown in spurts; at first sporadically until around 1950, when a real growth period began.
- It is named for founder and landowner John Brandon.
- Brandon is a suburb of Tampa with a population of 115,911
- It was estimated that on average a new family moved into town every day.
- By the early 1960s, Brandon’s population was around 8,000. And by the late 1980s, the population had climbed to around 100,000 with over 2,500 businesses having sprung forward.
- Although still unincorporated, Brandon today could well be considered a major urban area growing by leaps and bounds, with an ongoing influx of new public schools, corporate centers and industries.
- Known for being a bedroom community for Tampa, Brandon boasts many characteristic establishments that have lasted over a quarter of a century.
- Brandon, Florida’s cost of living is 5% lower than the national average.
- 40.7% of the people in Brandon are religious and there are around ten religious groups in Brandon.
Like the Tampa Bay area, Brandon has a humid subtropical climate. Brandon will typically have a few nights below freezing each year due to its greater distance from the coast unlike, Tampa and Pinellas County. The winters are mild and dry, averaging 62 °F (17 °C); summers are long and hot, and average 85 °F (29 °C). Brandon receives abundant rainfall, around 44 inches (1,100 mm) of rain annually, like the rest of the Tampa Bay area. Brandon’s winters may have low temperatures in the 30s for more than four days, while Tampa can have low temperatures in the 40s and 50s in that same period of time.
Hillsborough County Sheriff (Non-Emergency)
2008 E 8th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
Hillsborough County Work Release Center
1801 Orient Rd, Tampa. FL 33619
Seminole Police Department (Non-Emergency)
5217 Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33614
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Station
3096 S Kingsway Rd, Seffner, F 33584
Brandon Regional Hospital
119 Oakfield Dr, Brandon, FL 33511
Christian Church in Brandon, Florida
My Arise Church
401 Pauls Dr, Brandon, FL, 33511
Bay Life Church
1017 Kingsway Rd Brandon, FL 33510
The Crossing Church
10130 Tuscany Ridge Dr Tampa, FL 33619
Bell Shoals Baptist Church
2102 Bell Shoals Rd Brandon, FL 33511
First Baptist Church of Brandon
216 Parsons Ave N Brandon, FL 33510